Milwaukee County Genealogical Society, Inc.
Members of the Milwaukee County Genealogical Society are entitled to the following privileges and benefits:
- Subscription to the quarterly newsletter the The Reporter with free queries for members. Online queries also available if you have an email address.
- Nine meetings each year featuring speakers on topics of genealogical and historical interest.
- Audio tape lending library - created with professional copies of notable topics and speakers made available to members.
- Opportunities to meet and exchange information with other researchers. Information about other local speakers available at meetings and through The Reporter.
- Opportunity to participate in Area Research Groups sharing information and solving research problems. (currently include: Canada, Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, Sweden, Italy, Eastern Germany and Pomerania, Norway and Poland)
- Beginner's Classes once a month from September to June with a new topic each month which include a spring visit to the State Historical Society Library and Archives in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Opportunities for participation in the activities of the Society through serving on committees, participating at the MCGS booth at Germanfest, recording names from microfilm for various indexes and other volunteering activities.
- Ability to take advantage of group discount rates for annual fall trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, or the National Archives in Washington, DC.
- Occasional research trips scheduled for the Great Lakes National Archives, Chicago, Illinois.
- Attend and/or volunteer at the Society's sponsored bi-annual workshop featuring national and local speakers covering a variety of topics - members receive a reduced rate.
This page is maintained by MCGS, 1998 - 2014. All Rights Reserved.